Friday, January 4, 2008

A Visit to the Doctor, in Preparation for the Sleep Study

“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“Once, about four years ago. I was at work first thing in the morning, and I’d been standing up for some time. When I finally sat down, my mind started wandering and the next thing I remember was a sensation like waking up from a dream. Someone was shaking me and thought that I’d had a seizure, but when I went to the emergency room they said that I had just lost consciousness from a lack of blood flow to the brain, brought on by weariness. It never happened again.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“Maybe two or three per week, on average.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“Uh, not for a little while, no.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“No.”
“…all right.”

No comments: