Monday, August 22, 2011

Chemo Games

I think real life professions would be more interesting if they involved bitter rivalries reminiscent of Twister or Raiders of the Lost Ark:

* * *

DR. ERIKSON

At long last, a surefire cure for cancer is within our grasp!


DR. ALEXI

You’ve said it, my dear man! I’m confident that this final combination of vaccinations will yield the solution we’ve been searching for these past nine years.

They each peer through microscopes.

DR. ERIKSON

Look, sir! The cancer cells are dissipating! We’ve done it!


DR. ALEXI

Yes, it would appear that the radiation is working its magic on the infected cells.

BEAT

DR. ALEXI (cont)

That’s strange...I’m detecting an irregular growth in the R5 sector.


DR. ERIKSON

What is it?


DR. ALEXI

I can’t believe it! It’s a new string of cancerous cells multiplying at an incredible rate of speed!


DR. ERIKSON

What?

He looks for himself.

DR. ERIKSON (cont)

I...I’m not certain, but it looks like the cancerous cells are spelling out some kind of message.


DR. ALEXI

(reading through microscope)

Not...this...time...Alexi.

An EXPLOSION rocks the laboratory, throwing DEBRIS everywhere. Show TITLE:

Chemo Games

No comments: